With recent reports predicting a construction output bounce back of 2.3% in 2019, independent tradespeople and installers will be itching to take advantage following a 2018 plagued by blizzards, heat waves and the Carillion collapse. Those keen to face 2019 with an army of tools, suppliers, innovative products and best-practice techniques won’t want to miss out on year’s Build Show, sponsored by Easy-Trim.
As part of the UK’s premier built environment event, visitors will have access to more than 10,000 innovative products and 650 exhibitors, stimulating seminars, invaluable CPD sessions and endless networking opportunities at Birmingham’s NEC between 9 – 11 October.
There’s something new for everyone to discover at the Build Show sections, showcasing global exhibitors and exclusive product launches.
The Doors, Windows and Glass section will gather together global solutions that are transforming the windows and doors market, such as:
- Jigtech’s innovative door handle fitting system that reduces fitting time to under three minutes;
- OnLevel’s new balcony system, set to rival its popular Juliet SKYFORCE system, making installation even simpler and quicker;
- Velux’s smart windows that will revolutionise the window industry;
- Kensington Traders’ UNIQ Glass Balustrade system with a patented clamping strip, adjustability on unlevel surfaces and hollow design, making installation quick and easy;
- Soudal’s Genius Gun Expanding Foams, reusable for up to six weeks after application; and
- Morland’s award-winning offsite fire doors.
Tools, Health and Safety will bring visitors up-to-speed on the latest tools and services saving installers time and money, such as:
- TRUMPF’s battery-driven power tools that offer up to 60% longer running times per charge;
- Rawlplug’s new comprehensive and free site testing service, conducted in accordance with the guidelines of the Construction Fixings Association; and
- THSP Risk Management’s risk assessment builder which has already been shortlisted for two awards.
Other exhibitors include: Addex, Fischer Fixings, OM Safety Solutions, Asecos, Connection, Mascot International, Max, Safelincs, Toolboxit and Kärcher, with their new range of safety vacuum cleaners with electronic filter detection and airflow monitoring.
Building for the future
This year’s theme is ‘Future of Construction’ and there will be numerous opportunities to see, touch and hear all about what’s driving the construction industry forward.
The Future of Construction Hub provides an immersive opportunity to discover digital construction, 3D printing, robotics, AI and AR and modern methods of construction. Coventry University is bringing its virtual reality simulator used as part of its training for construction students.
And there’s more
Other unforgettable highlights include:
- The Regeneration Hub, sponsored by Easy-Trim, covering topics such as: making housing affordable, self-build is the future of housing and planning for growth.
- The UKCW Stage will provide high-level discussion around important industry issues with a heavy focus on the lessons learned in the past year such as fire safety and how the industry is moving forward. Speakers include: Barbara Res, the project manager behind Trump Tower, sharing insights into her experiences as a female in construction and working with Donald Trump. Advanced booking is essential.
- An extensive free CPD programme, with sessions including:
- Are you fire door sure, with Hannah Mansell from the British Woodworking Federation;
- The role of daylight and ventilation in happy and healthy homes, with Aaron Sudgen from VELUX;
- High rise and high-risk buildings, with Time Vincent from Rockwool.
- The Role Models campaign winner, following the shortlisting of 36 people from more than 130 high-quality entries. The winner will be announced on 10 October on the UKCW Stage at the NEC, where UKCW takes place.
- The Central Bar, located in Hall 9, sponsored by Elliott Group; and the Beer Festival, sponsored by Velux, with live bands, street food and rockaoke. There will also be a Gin and Fizz bar and FIX Radio will be broadcasting from the festival for all three days.
Free visitor tickets are available at www.buildshow.co.uk and provide access to all nine UKCW shows: Energy 2018, Timber Expo, Building Tech Live, Surface & Materials Show, HVAC 2018, Civils Expo, Plant and Machinery Live, and Grand Designs Live.